Where historically we have worked with many traditional generators and users, in particular in the oil and gas field, we now work increasingly with renewable generators and clients investing in or developing their assets to meet the demands of the low carbon transition. Through our UK Government-funded SmartHubs project, we have extended our work to devising solutions for interfacing EV charging infrastructure to DNO networks, private networks and off grid. Our work in the EV sector extends to management systems for charging networks, including vehicle-to-grid charging models utilising innovative DC Microgrid implementation.
We have specific expertise in the following areas:
- Analysis and design of transmission and distribution networks
- Power system modelling and studies including power flow, fault level, protection, arc hazard, earthing, harmonics / power quality, power system stability and insulation co-ordination
- Generator design and operation
- Large scale wind farm and solar farm design
- Commercial renewables and low carbon generation with private networks
- Power electronic converters
- Power Management Systems and SCADA
Our engineering team are at all times engaged in various development programmes, working on Smart Power Systems’ own products and our clients’ own innovations. Batteries are at the heart of our business and we work with a broad range of storage technologies. Through our partnership with Autogreen we are developing models for testing, recycling and deploying second life EV batteries from various car manufacturers.
I would not hesitate in recommending Smart Power Systems to any client in the World who is seriously considering energy cost reduction and decarbonisation using innovative technology
SIR DAVID RICHARDS
KYNSMAN LIMITED, FORMER CHAIRMAN OF FA PREMIER LEAGUE
From day one, it was clear that Smart Power Systems got the brief. We worked with them through every phase, bringing on board numerous technical authorities in Alaska. SPS’s contribution will make a huge difference to people’s lives in one of the world’s most challenging environments.